6 Ways to Spread Love to Your Customers
by Shaundalee Carvalho | Feb 14, 2022, 02:54 PM
It’s Valentine’s Day and love is in the air! While you’re thinking about ways to make your loved ones feel special, don’t forget the importance of making your customers feel special too. Businesses can’t exist without customers to support them, so don’t forget to support them in return. Below, find 6 ways that you can make your customers feel loved, on Valentine’s Day and always!
- Connect with them wherever they want – Every customer has different schedules, preferences, and lifestyles. What works best for one person may not work at all for another. Providing multiple contact options - like voice, email, IM, SMS, social media, or video – shows your customers that you care about what they want and need.
- Be mindful of their time – Nobody feels appreciated when they have to spend excessive time waiting for attention. You can help keep your customers’ time in queue short by paying attention to historical reports and integrating with workforce management software to ensure your contact center is appropriately staffed at peak times. You can also offer call-back options so customers can focus on other tasks until an agent is available, rather than waiting around on the phone.
- Provide personalized service – Integrating your contact center with a CRM system lets agents see relevant information about customers as soon as an interaction comes in. This allows them to greet customers by name, ask them how they’re enjoying their last purchase, and more, ultimately making customers feel valued as a person, rather than just another transaction.
- Protect their sensitive information – When customers provide sensitive information over the phone, they’re placing a great deal of trust in your business to keep their information secure. Make sure their trust is justified by choosing a contact center with security certifications such as SOC 2 and PCI compliance.
- Be there for them – One of the best ways to make a person feel loved is by being there for them whenever they need you. Of course, it’s often not realistic to keep a business’s contact center staffed 24/7. However, you can still be there for your customers 24/7 by adding a chatbot to your contact center that can provide answers to frequently asked questions regarding topics like business hours, pricing, or account information.
- Pay attention to their feelings – Open communication is important to any relationship. This is true of the relationships between businesses and customers as well. Implementing survey tools in your contact center enables you to check in with your customers to make sure they’re feeling heard and their needs are being met. It also lets you know if there are problems with your service that you need to address, ultimately leading to better service.
By keeping these ideas in mind, you can make sure your customers feel loved and valued not only on Valentine’s Day, but every day of the year. For more customer service tips, check out the Four Pillars of Customer Service: Getting Connected, Process Orchestration, Knowledge and Insights, and Resource Management.
Happy Valentine’s Day from ComputerTalk!