ComputerTalk releases ice 12.1
by Erina Suzuki | Published On November 22, 2023 | Last Updated November 23, 2023
Cloud Contact Center Solution with Tethr and Community WFM Integration
ComputerTalk, a Markham-based technology company, is proud to announce the public release of ice 12.1. Following the release of version 12.0 and icePhone in September, ice 12.1 provides many enhancements and improvements to ComputerTalk’s contact center solution.
Who is ComputerTalk?
ComputerTalk is a contact center as a service (CCaaS) company that provides organizations across North America with a suite of software solutions to support their contact centers.
Companies from all industries rely on ComputerTalk’s ice software, ranging from retail and logistics to healthcare and government agencies to banks, credit unions and other financial institutions.
Founded over 30 years ago, ComputerTalk continues to innovate and lead the way within the fast-paced industry of cloud contact center solutions.
What is ice 12.1?
ice 12.1 is the latest version of ComputerTalk’s ice contact center software. ice is an all-in-one contact center solution that provides organizations with the tools they need to enhance customer experiences.
Some features include:
- A native Microsoft Teams user experience
- Integrates with Microsoft suite of products: Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft 365
- Allows simultaneous handling of different communications: voice, email, instant messaging and more
- Highly secure: SOC 2 Type 2, PCI DSS and HIPAA compliant
- Endless integrations with third-party applications such as Tethr and CommunityWFM
- Real-time monitoring and historical reporting tools for in-depth analysis of your contact center performance
- icePhone, a brand new integrated softphone
Highlights and Features of ice 12.1
With the launch of version 12.1 comes many enhancements. We’d like to highlight a few:
- A new service was created to upload recordings and interaction data to Tethr for transcription and speech analytics
- After recordings are uploaded, the Tethr user interface will show transcripts and identify key moments in each call
- Users can also access analytics on positive and negative agent behaviors and customer sentiment
- With this new release, ice now integrates with CommunityWFM, an industry-leading workforce management solution
- ice 12.1 now supports data export to csv files from iceJournal for supervisors or administrators to consume and merge data into their data warehouse or to create dashboards for management review
Default Evaluation Templates
- ice 12.1 also offers a sample evaluation template for new customers, which will assist them in creating initial evaluation forms for quality management
- iceCampaign has been enhanced with a number of features. For example, you can now swap contacts that have the same phone number in a progressive campaign
- You can now surface all survey responses (including partial responses) in iceJournal
What is icePhone?
In previous versions of the ice software, customers had to rely on integrations with third-party platforms – such as Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business – to handle calls and chats. However, feedback from customers and partners led ComputerTalk to develop and launch icePhone, an integrated softphone. IcePhone is now included in versions 12.0 and 12.1 of ice.
Bernie Lee, VP of Product Engineering at ComputerTalk, explains: “The launch of icePhone marks a significant milestone in the history of our ice software. For the first time, our customers can handle calls and chats natively within the iceBar interface.”
The Future of ice – What’s Next?
The product roadmap for ice remains on the cutting edge of the CCaaS industry, with many further enhancements slated for 2024.
Additionally, with generative AI becoming a focal point of contact center software, ComputerTalk has identified a number of ways to leverage and integrate AI within the ice platform. These include:
- Integrating with Azure Cognitive Services and Tethr to enhance post-call transcription
- Integrating with OpenAI to provide generative AI contact summarization and other contact insights
- Introducing ice Copilot chat to provide enhanced help desk support to customers using generative AI
ComputerTalk aims to unveil these AI features in 2024. You can learn more about ice 12.1 by clicking here.