Role: Research and Development Engineer
Location: Markham, ON
ComputerTalk is growing at a rapid rate and we are looking for exceptional talent to add to our team. The environment is dynamic, challenging, exciting, and rewarding. We attribute our success to the quality of the staff we bring on board. We have designed, deployed, and supported contact center and Unified Communication solutions for more than 400 clients worldwide. Established in 1987, ComputerTalk is headquartered in Markham, with sites in, Montreal, and Chicago. We are one of the most successful providers of Cloud Hosted Contact Center and Unified Communication Solutions in Canada. Our ice suite of products are used in major contact centers globally. With continuous expansion on the horizon we are looking for candidates who are open minded and have a good attitude and aptitude to try new things.
About the Role:
Working as a key member of the Product Engineering Team, the R & D Engineer will develop and commercialize new products and technologies related to our unique communication products. You will work with cross-functional teams to develop and launch new exciting products in a highly collaborative and performance-driven environment.
You have a University Degree and a positive attitude and aptitude to delivering cutting edge communication technology
- Hands-on Web application development experience using frameworks such as Angular, Bootstrap, jQuery, SignalR as well as HTML5 and CSS.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in building scalable and responsive single-page Web applications.
- Experience with C# and .NET Framework.
- Experience with SOAP or RESTful Web Services development.
- Solid understanding of design principles and design patterns (MVC, MVVM, GoF).
- Good understanding of Web standards, accessibility and Web security.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented, multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high level of integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is essential.
Experience with the following is preferred:
- Experience with WCF, ASP.NET Web API and Entity Framework.
- Experience with databases such as Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with software development tools (git, TFS, bug tracking).
- Mobile development knowledge (iOS/Android) is an asset.