Role: Incident Management
Location: Markham, ON
ComputerTalk is growing at a rapid rate and we are looking for exceptional talent to add to our team. The environment is dynamic, challenging, exciting, and rewarding. We attribute our success to the quality of the staff we bring on board. We have designed, deployed, and supported contact center and Unified Communication solutions for more than 400 clients worldwide. Established in 1987, ComputerTalk is headquartered in Markham, with sites in, Montreal, and Chicago. We are one of the most successful providers of Cloud Hosted Contact Center and Unified Communication Solutions in Canada. Our ice suite of products are used in major contact centers globally. With continuous expansion on the horizon we are looking for candidates who are open minded and have a good attitude and aptitude to try new things.
About the Role:
The Incident Manager is responsible for ensuring a consistent method of incident management is followed; this includes incident classification, escalation paths and communication protocols. The candidate will perform post-mortems for high priority incidents with a focus on process improvement as well as technical resolution.
In addition to Incident and Problem Management responsibilities, the candidate must have the ability to perform well under pressure. S/He will be extremely business/end-user focused, having worked in a Service Delivery role before, will have very strong written and oral communication skills and will be used to working in business-critical environments. The ability to coordinate resources from disparate teams without direct management responsibility is critical.
The candidate should also possess an understanding of high-availability based environments to help lead successful triage and incident resolution and problem.
- To manage customer incidents 24X7 and ensure minimal disruption to the service
- Speedy Restoration for all incidents
- Setting up of Technical & Management Bridge
- Verification of completeness & correctness of the information being sent to the customer
- To act as a center focal point for all departments during Severity 1 incident and coordinate between them to get the speedy results
- Assemble the Technical Recovery team once severity 1 outage is declared
- Ensure an Action plan / Back Up Plan is created for the restoration within SLA
- Ensure timely communication / information flow towards internal & external stakeholders
- Ensure a Major Incident Report (MIR) delivery towards internal & external customer within the SLA
- To circulate the important reports related to Severity 1 performance as per the instructions
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical customers.
- Ability to organize resources across different teams to drive resolution of system critical issues.
- Ability to apply technical analysis of application issues to solve customer reported problems.
- Ability to work well within a team to learn and share knowledge.
- Familiarity with ITIL Version 3, Foundations certificate a plus but not required.
- Experience working in a customer-centric environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience from a Canadian University