Role: Finance and Accounting
Location: Markham, ON
ComputerTalk is growing at a rapid rate and we are looking for exceptional talent to add to our team. The environment is dynamic, challenging, exciting, and rewarding. We attribute our success to the quality of the staff we bring on board. We have designed, deployed, and supported contact center and Unified Communication solutions for more than 400 clients worldwide. Established in 1987, ComputerTalk is headquartered in Markham, with sites in, Montreal, and Chicago. We are one of the most successful providers of Cloud Hosted Contact Center and Unified Communication Solutions in Canada. Our ice suite of products are used in major contact centers globally. With continuous expansion on the horizon we are looking for candidates who are open minded and have a good attitude and aptitude to try new things.
About the Role:
- Maintaining subledger for AR/AP by verifying, and posting transactions;
- Verifying customer orders to approved price lists;
- Preparing customer order acknowledgements & invoices;
- Matching purchase orders and backups with related vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursements;
- Initiating payments to vendors in timely manner;
- Preparing Daily Deposits;
- Mailing Invoices, Payments, and Statements
- Dealing with customer and vendor requests;
- Filing accounting records
- Monthly account reconciliation
- Preparing financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends;
- Providing clerical and administrative support to management as requested;
- Complying with sensitive document control, electronic and hard copy filing procedures;
- Assisting with annual financial audit
- Providing support to the annual budgeting and periodic forecasting of the assigned business area including variance analyses and sensitivity testing.
- Partnering cross-functionally with the Sales and Operations teams
- Creating reports and other tools for analyzing trends of various customer types, pricing and margin. Recommending solutions and takes action to address issues found.
About the Role:
You have a university degree, tremendous interpersonal and communication skills, and an uncanny ability to digest a lot of information quickly. You are not afraid of technology, diving in and learning anything in detail.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- 1 to 2 years of accounting or related work experience in Finance and Accounting
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines
- Above average keying skills
- Experience as a team player and be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Proven capabilities with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) at an intermediate level