Role: Technical Support Analyst
Location: Markham, ON
ComputerTalk is growing at a rapid rate and we are looking for exceptional talent to add to our team. The environment is dynamic, challenging, exciting, and rewarding. We attribute our success to the quality of the staff we bring on board. We have designed, deployed, and supported contact center and Unified Communication solutions for more than 400 clients worldwide. Established in 1987, ComputerTalk is headquartered in Markham, with sites in, Montreal, and Chicago. We are one of the most successful providers of Cloud Hosted Contact Center and Unified Communication Solutions in Canada. Our ice suite of products are used in major contact centers globally. With continuous expansion on the horizon we are looking for candidates who are open minded and have a good attitude and aptitude to try new things.
About the Role:
ComputerTalk has an immediate opening for a Technical Support Specialist to multi-task on virtually all elements of customer service business processes, which include such functions as implementing solutions that meet customer requirements, handling tech support issues and traveling to customers to install, troubleshoot, working as part of a team to support our complete product line.
You are a dynamic team player with excellent communication and organizational skills. You have a degree from a top Canadian University and 2 – 3 years experience working in a technical support environment. You have a great attitude and exceptional phone manner and Superior technical analytical and problem solving skills.
You also have working knowledge in:
- Help Desk and trouble ticket resolution
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong customer focus
- Experience in trouble resolution combined with strong analytical skills
- Project document administration
- Day to Day maintenance on servers, including system backups
- Windows 2000 and 2003 server administration, deployment, and performance tuning
- Experience with Cisco firewalls/routers/switches
- Direct Customer Exposure/Experience
- Respond to communications (email, phone, fax) from customers in a timely manner
- Troubleshooting, analyzing & resolving issues quickly & able escalate when appropriate
- Monitoring system notifications to ensure all processes are working properly
This role does involve some after hours work from time to time. It also requires you to be “on call” as part of an afterhours pager rotation. Being part of a small team of fresh, talented, know-it-all staff excites you. Academically and socially, you are at the top of your class. You know it all and what you don’t know you are ready to learn. Strong interpersonal skills and team skills are required. Your written and oral communication skills are outstanding. Working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment is what gets you up in the morning.