Role: Enterprise Database Architect DBA
Location: Markham, ON
ComputerTalk is growing at a rapid rate and we are looking for exceptional talent to add to our team. The environment is dynamic, challenging, exciting, and rewarding. We attribute our success to the quality of the staff we bring on board. We have designed, deployed, and supported contact center and Unified Communication solutions for more than 400 clients worldwide. Established in 1987, ComputerTalk is headquartered in Markham, with sites in, Montreal, and Chicago. We are one of the most successful providers of Cloud Hosted Contact Center and Unified Communication Solutions in Canada. Our ice suite of products are used in major contact centers globally. With continuous expansion on the horizon we are looking for candidates who are open minded and have a good attitude and aptitude to try new things.
About the Role:
ComputerTalk has an immediate opening for an Enterprise Database Architect candidate in our Markham head office. The candidate will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our product portfolio “ice”. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server Environment, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), in support of development. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively and familiar with managing a multi-site enterprise deployment in a 24/7 environment.
The right candidate will be able to multi-task on virtually all elements, such as:
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Knowledge of PCI DSS
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
Your high energy, strong desire to learn, cultivate relationships, research, and execute faultlessly, will be added to a team of bright, multi-talented, results-oriented, driven individuals.